Alpe d’Huez’s reputation is largely, and rightly, founded on its merits as one of the world's leading winter sports destinations, after all, it has been voted Europe’s top ski resort twice in the past three years.
But away from the cold and snow and whirring of the ski lifts in winter, Alpe d'Huez is an equally wonderful summer destination. It’s all too easy to be only drawn to the Alps in winter but there is a whole host of reason to come here in the summer.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 coming to Alpe d'Huez?
- Tomorrowland Winter 2020 announces lineup
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019