The French professional cycling rumour mill is at full pace at the moment as we await the official 2020 Tour de France route announcement on Tuesday, October 15th, as strong and reliable sources suggest a return to Alpe d’Huez for the iconic bike race.
The confirmed “Grand Depart” for the 2020 Tour de France takes place in Nice and will probably see the riders tackle the Alps before the Pyrenees next July. According to the rumours, it looks like there will be three mountain stages in the area around Alpe d’Huez and one of them may even be an individual mountain timed trial.
The last time Alpe d’Huez hosted an ITT was back in 2004 when an estimated 1 million devoted cycling fans descended on the famous 21-bend climb from Bourg d’Oisans up to resort. Fingers crossed for another one, we'll keep you updated once the route has been announced on October 15th.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez enjoys cold temperatures & sunshine
- Top 10 things to do for non-skiers in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Alpe d'Huez enjoys lovely sunny days
- Happy New Year from Alpe d'Huez!
- Alpe d'Huez in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do