It's been snowing pretty much all of November on the slopes of Alpe d'Huez. This preseason gift from the skies has made the snow cover on the pistes deep enough for an early opening of the Alpe d'Huez ski area.
Pistes are ready and lifts will start transporting skiers and snowboarders up the mountain on the weekend of November 23rd and 24th 2019. Five lifts will be open: Signal, DMC 1 & 2, Rif Nel Express and Lièvre Blanc. These will provide access to 12 pistes.
Discounted ski passes will be available at the Bergers and Rond Point des Pistes ski pass offices, costing only €25 for the whole day. Bon ski !
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez in December 2019 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Sun & powder as season 2019/20 starts in Alpe d'Huez
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez opens early this winter 2019/20
- Alpe d'Huez, Best European Ski Resort 2020
- What's new in Alpe d'Huez winter 2019/20