The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Alpe d'Huez holding wine tasting sessions.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez in December 2019 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Sun & powder as season 2019/20 starts in Alpe d'Huez
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez opens early this winter 2019/20
- Alpe d'Huez, Best European Ski Resort 2020
- What's new in Alpe d'Huez winter 2019/20