Followers of our dump alert service will be aware that we had some very late season snow here in resort at the end of last week. Around 10cm fell in resort with nearer 20cm up on the hill and this provided a great little top-up to see the season out.
As was normal for the last week of the season, some of the satellite areas of the ski area had closed, leaving Alpe d’Huez as the main focal point of the action. High winds caused the closure of most of the higher slopes and pistes last Wednesday although, thankfully, the winds did drop off by Friday allowing a final blast on the last few days of the season before the lifts finally closed on Saturday evening.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 coming to Alpe d'Huez?
- Tomorrowland Winter 2020 announces lineup
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019