ESF Alpe d'Huez is part of the prestigious Ecole du Ski Français. With schools throughout France in all major resorts, they are one of the best known and well-trusted ski schools in the Alps.
All instructors are fully qualified and experienced in teaching a number of different techniques to adults and children. Whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced skier or snowboarder, they can help you develop your technique and build your confidence at a pace you are comfortable with.
Group lessons are the most popular way to start out and are great fun. You will be learning alongside people of the same standard as yourself. ESF Alpe d'Huez will aim to put you in a group with an instructor and class mates who speak your language.
Private lessons are a great way to improve skills that are maybe a little rusty or to gain confidence on steep slopes and off-piste. You can book a one-on-one session or learn as a couple or small group.
ESF Alpe d'Huez also has especially trained instructors who are pleased to offer the thrills of handiskiing, with a full range of specialist equipment. The cost of hiring the equipment is included in the price of the lesson.
Other activities include snowshoeing, kite skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing and off-piste lessons, which offer great alternatives to the usual skiing and snowboarding lessons.
Where to meet
The school have two different meeting points:
- Les Grandes Rousses by the piste roundabout
- Les Bergers by the commercial centre
- "We've been training with ESF instructors for 5 days in snowboard and ski. Though most of the group were French speakers, they did their best explaining for the English speakers and the results were absolutely phenomenal" - Trip Advisor
- "Fantastic week . Thomas our ski instructor had the patience of a saint ! Only the second time I had been skiing and came away with much more confidence . Hard work but great fun and learned lots" - Trip Advisor
- "We had the most amazing instructor, Annick. We were skiing for the week and decided to book a private lesson for me and my boyfriend. We had been skiing last year so this being our second ski trip we decided to book an hour and half lesson for 5 days and it was the best thing we could have done. Annick was excellent and helped us gain confidence to tackle the more challenging slopes. Everyday we tried something new and by the end of the 5 days we felt very confident on the slopes, we cannot wait to get back! Annick made our ski holiday and we hope to see her again when we visit again next year! ESF is very well organised and all the instructors we came across were very helpful, I cannot recommend them more highly." - Trip Advisor
How to book
Visit their website via the link above to book.
This ski school starts teaching children from 2.5 years. All their children's courses are age and ability specific, with lessons and gentle games starting in the snow garden from 2.5 to 5 year olds.
Older children will start out on the nursery slopes and will progress to more advanced classes for children up to 12 years. As your child improves they will be put through 'stages' and awarded badges to mark their progress. Advanced skiers can take race-training lessons to learn how to ski safely at speed.
Teenagers will love taking part in snowpark sessions, where they will learn to navigate jumps and obstacles with confidence and style.
Location: Alpe d'Huez Valley
Languages Spoken: Danish | Dutch | English | French | German | Italian | Japanese | Russian | Spanish
Activities: Handiski / Sit-Ski | Skiing | Snow Kiting | Snowboarding | Snowshoeing
Event Services: Activities
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Cross-Country Ski Lessons | Freestyle/Freeride Lessons | Group Lessons | Handiski Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Snowboard Lessons
Families & Kids: Childcare | Kids' Club / Activities | Kids' lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter
Address: Maison de l'Alpe - BP25 | Alpe d'Huez Valley | 38750