After the quiet month of January, it’s back to a full-gas, all-systems-go month as we approach February. Not only do we have the uber-busy week of UK School half term from Saturday 16th through until Saturday 23rd, but we also have pretty much the whole month of French and the rest of Europe’s school breaks.
Unlike in the UK, where pretty much all the schools are off for the same week, the rest of Europe operate a more zonal approach to the half-term holiday week. Roughly speaking, France is broken down into four zones, each zone will be on holiday for a different week from Saturday, February 9th through until Saturday, March 9th. This helps take the pressure of one particular week in the middle of February but it does mean that the whole of the month is pretty busy.
In February, ski areas go all out to entertain families. So, with plenty to do this month, here are just a few of the highlights
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 coming to Alpe d'Huez?
- Tomorrowland Winter 2020 announces lineup
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019