It may be me getting older but the ski seasons seem to be coming round much quicker than they used to, and this one looks set to be another cracker here in Alpe d’Huez. The early bird really does get the worm in December and, with virtually deserted slopes and non-existent lift queues, it is a great time to get in a sneaky pre-Christmas ski trip with the bulk of tour operators not beginning their operations until the weekend before Christmas itself.
December is historically a cold and snowy month with the shortest of days that we see here in resort, but there are always plenty of things to do away from the slopes with the ice rink and leisure centre always offering a whole host of events such as curling sessions, climbing walls and a whole host of other sports on offer.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Alpe d'Huez enjoys lovely sunny days
- Happy New Year from Alpe d'Huez!
- Alpe d'Huez in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Merry Christmas from the team at Alpedhueznet.com
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 23rd December 2019