After the recent decent amounts of fresh snow we've been receiving, there is a whole plethora of challenging red and black pistes awaiting you. Alpe d’Huez has so much more to offer than the often-skied pistes of the Sarenne and Tunnel up at the top of the Pic Blanc (3300 metres).
The Grand Domaine ski area indeed offers some 27 red and 17 black pistes, many of which take to you the neighbouring villages of Villard Reculas (La Souveraine is particularly lovely), Mont Frais, Oz-en-Oisans, Vaujany and down through the forest to the picturesque village of Maronne. Whilst it is all too easy to get drawn up to the top of the Pic Blanc for some action, why not try this guide for a bit of variety – and a few good coffee stops along the way?
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 coming to Alpe d'Huez?
- Tomorrowland Winter 2020 announces lineup
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019