Museums and archaeological sites all over France organise special events, from workshops to talks and even mock excavations for children.
Last year, 155,000 people in 514 different towns took part in the activities, promoted by the Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives.
Click on the web link to learn more about what your local museum is doing.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Tour de France 2020 coming to Alpe d'Huez?
- Tomorrowland Winter 2020 announces lineup
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019