Meet at the foot of the DMC des Grandes Rousses ski lift to join in a guided tour with commentary of the Pic Blanc.
The summit of the Pic Blanc is at 3330m, so high that you can see 1/5 of France! A view worth 3* according to the Guide Michelin. Your tour guide will tell you the history of the resort, and give you an account of the local geology and wildlife. Walking will be limited and access to the site is via the DMC cable car, so this tour is suitable for everyone.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30, the tour costs €18,50 for adults (6-71 years) and €6,50 for children and seniors (under 6 and over 71 years), paid directly to your guide. Meet in front of the giant piste map near the cash desk “DMC des Grandes Rousses 15 minutes before the tour is about to start. In case of bad weather, a visit of the ice grotto is proposed instead.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Why Alpe d'Huez is great in summer 2019
- What's on in Alpe d'Huez summer 2019