It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Alpe d'Huez. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 5cm to 10cm of snow has fallen at resort level with 15cm on the pistes and over 25cm on the summit of Pic Blanc (3300m). More snow will come next Sunday and Monday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Alpe d'Huez. Lifts are scheduled to open in just three weeks, on Saturday, November 30th. Time to book your ski trip to Alpe d'Huez!
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez in December 2019 - What weather to expect & what to do
- Sun & powder as season 2019/20 starts in Alpe d'Huez
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez opens early this winter 2019/20
- Alpe d'Huez, Best European Ski Resort 2020
- What's new in Alpe d'Huez winter 2019/20