What started as light snow at around 07:00 yesterday (Tuesday) gradually got heavier as the day went on and the snow continued well into the night. Around 12cm fell at 1500 metres with around 20cm at resort level (1850 metres) and 30cm up on the higher slopes.
The snow was accompanied by high winds which brought some disruption although they have thankfully started to drop off now. Avalanche risk remains high at 4/5 and care should be taken while the pisteurs make the ski area safe.
It looks like a return to the sunshine for the next few days, which will be great as resort gets into full February swing.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 26th February 2020
- Spring-like weekend in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Unsettled weather continues in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Good conditions as Alpe d'Huez gears up for busy February