After a couple of light snowfalls on Saturday night into Sunday, and again on Monday into Tuesday, when around 10cm fell in total, it started snowing again yesterday.
Heavy clouds built as the day went as it started snowing mid-evening and it gradually got heavier. So far, around 12-15cm has fallen at resort level (1850m) with around 35cm on the upper slopes. A further 5 to 10cm are forecast for today.
Snow has fallen down to around 1100m, so all the pistes in the ski area have received some fresh snow. A bit more snow is forecast for Thursday and Saturday (10cm in total) after which it looks like a return to the sunshine.
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Spring-like weekend in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Unsettled weather continues in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Good conditions as Alpe d'Huez gears up for busy February
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 29th January 2020