Situated in the heart of the main street (Avenue Les Jeux) is the patinoire (ice rink) – in the middle of town underneath the shadow of the Royal Ours Blanc Hotel
It's open to the public and also hosts curling sessions, ice hockey demonstrations and local boys Alpe d’Huez play their ice hockey home games there. The fantastic floodlights make for a wonderful alpine setting.
Admission to rink costs €7 plus €4 for skate hire. Entry is free with a Visalp pass (skate hire extra). It also has a curling rink (booking advised) and there is the possibility of booking ice skating lessons.
It’s always worth checking the public opening hours – as these can vary dependant on time of year and other usages (i.e ice hockey matches, etc).
The public opening hours every day during the ski season with the exception of local hockey matches and events, from 10:00 to 13:00 and 15:30 to 22:30.
So if you are in resort and looking for something different to do, then slip along to ice rink and don’t let the opportunity slide away.
- Ice Skating
- Avenue des Jeux
More Alpe d'Huez Insights...
- Alpe d'Huez enjoys cold temperatures & sunshine
- Top 10 things to do for non-skiers in Alpe d'Huez
- Alpe d'Huez Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Alpe d'Huez enjoys lovely sunny days
- Happy New Year from Alpe d'Huez!
- Alpe d'Huez in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do