Situated in the heart of the main street (Avenue Les Jeux) is the patinoire (ice rink) – in the middle of town underneath the shadow of the Royal Ours Blanc Hotel
It's open to the public and also hosts curling sessions, ice hockey demonstrations and local boys Alpe d’Huez play their ice hockey home games there. The fantastic floodlights make for a wonderful alpine setting.
Admission to rink costs €7 plus €4 for skate hire. Entry is free with a Visalp pass (skate hire extra). It also has a curling rink (booking advised) and there is the possibility of booking ice skating lessons.
It’s always worth checking the public opening hours – as these can vary dependant on time of year and other usages (i.e ice hockey matches, etc).
The public opening hours every day during the ski season with the exception of local hockey matches and events, from 10:00 to 13:00 and 15:30 to 22:30.
So if you are in resort and looking for something different to do, then slip along to ice rink and don’t let the opportunity slide away.
- Ice Skating
- Avenue des Jeux
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Why Alpe d'Huez is great in summer 2019
- What's on in Alpe d'Huez summer 2019