The town of Vaujany, set at 1,250m, is typically Alpine in its character and architecture. Located above the reservoir at Allemont up a fairly steep climb, Vaujany offers stunning views of the local area. The town is set in one side of a valley. The newer larger hotels have been designed and built in a way to integrate beautifully with the original alpine architecture of the town.
The main market town of the Oisans region Bourg d’Oisans, is a 25 minute (14km) drive away. Being the main town ‘Bourg’ offers a wide array of shops, bars and restaurants. It has a large supermarket with parking (ideal for stocking up!). Petrol stations, banks, post office, pharmacies, medical centre, bus terminus, builder’s merchants, churches, riverside walks, cycle hire, swimming pool, tennis courts, Osteopaths (the list goes on!) can all be found in this quaint typically alpine mountain town.
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Alpe d'Huez
- 7 reasons to book your 2019/20 Alpe d'Huez ski break early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Why Alpe d'Huez is great in summer 2019
- What's on in Alpe d'Huez summer 2019