Private lessons are a great way to learn from scratch, improve skills that maybe a little rusty or to gain confidence on steep slopes and off-piste.
So whether you are a complete beginner or a regular skier/snowboarder who wants to take it to the next level, this school can help you. You can choose to learn on a one-to-one basis, as a couple of with a group of friends and family of a similar level.
ESF Alpe d'Huez is part of the prestigious Ecole du Ski Français. With schools throughout France in all major resorts they are one of the best known and well-trusted ski schools in the Alps. All their instructors are fully qualified and experienced in teaching a number of different techniques to adults and children. They also have a number of bi-lingual instructors offering lessons in English, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Danish, German, Japanese and Dutch.
For further details ad information about other activities they offer, visit their website or contact them directly using the enquiry link on this page.
The school have two different meeting points:
- Les Grandes Rousses by the piste roundabout
- Les Bergers by the commercial centre
- "I have just returned from a week skiing holiday in Alpe d'huez and our group of 3 had 4 private lessons during the week. I booked through our tour company on arrival and our instructor Mattia Saletta was recommended to us. I cannot speak highly enough of him, his spoken English was excellent, he was very friendly with very good teaching skills that everyone could relate to. He was constructive with individual feedback throughout and understood the needs of the group perfectly. All of us found that our skiing improved whilst learning in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. I would certainly recommend Mattia to anyone wanting any form of group or private lessons with ESF." - Trip Advisor
- "I had a private, one-and-a-half hour session with an instructor called Mathilde, who was very friendly and constructive; and my wife and daughters had a session with an instructor called Remy, who was similarly helpful. All of us found the instruction took our skiing up a notch, but most importantly this happened in a pleasant, fun atmosphere." - Trip Advisor
- "Excellent patient English speaking instructors. Good size groups and all of similar ability would definetly have lessons again if I go skiing I felt like I progressed well over the week." - Trip Advisor
Location: Alpe d'Huez - Centre
Group Size: 4 person
Languages Spoken: English | French | Spanish | Russian | Italian | Dutch | German | Japanese | Danish
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Cross-Country Ski Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Freestyle/Freeride Lessons | Handiski Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Snowboard Lessons
Activities: Cross-Country Skiing | Skiing | Snowboarding | Snowmobile/Skidoos | Snowshoeing
Children: Childcare | Kids' Club / activities | Kids' lessons
Group/Corporate: Events / Activities
Available: Spring | Winter
Address: Maison de l'Alpe, BP25 | 38750